The Steering Committee of the Africa Initiative wishes to announce a call for applications to fund small projects, events, and speakers organized by students in autumn 2017 or spring 2018. We envision supporting a number of proposals in the $500-$1000 range that follow these guidelines:
• Projects must take place on the Duke campus or in the Durham community.
• Projects should be collaborative in nature, perhaps organized by a common theme (water, technology transfer, China-Africa) or as a way to develop new relationships across majors.
• Projects may take the shape of—but are not limited to—a speaker, workshop, reading group, service learning event, or film showing. If the proposal focuses in these areas, at least a portion of these activities should be open to all members of the Duke community.
• Groups that propose projects can be solely undergrads, graduate students, or a combination of the two.
• All proposals must provide the contact information of at least one member who will act as the project lead.
Applications due Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Click here for the PDF for the call.